What do you believe?
Our pastor started a new Bible study centered around knowing your Bible better rather than the traditional salvation tract of most of our Bible studies.
His topic today was Creation or Big Bang.
He had three media sources for the questions arising around the Big Bang theory and the Evolution theory. Before we launch too far down this road I might point out that there is a major difference in science between a theory and a proven fact. Theories are a scientific Hypothesis for the way things happened. Unfortunately, we in a worldly sense, have been led to believe that the Big Bang and Evolution are scientific fact when they are, in fact, not.
Forbes.com September 21, 2017 – The Big Bang wasn’t the beginning
Everywhere we look, we find a tremendous agreement between theory and observation. The Big Bang looks like a winner.
Except, that is, in a few regards. Three specific things you would expect from the Big Bang didn’t happen. In particular:
- The Universe doesn’t have different temperatures in different directions, even though an area billions of light-years away in one direction never had time (since the Big Bang) to interact with or exchange information with an area billions of light-years in the opposite direction.
- The Universe doesn’t have a measurable spatial curvature that’s different from zero, even though a Universe that’s perfectly spatially flat requires a perfect balance between the initial expansion and the matter-and-radiation density.
- The Universe doesn’t have any leftover ultra-high-energy relics from the earliest times, even though the temperatures that would create these relics should have existed if the Universe were arbitrarily hot.
Space.com November 11, 2017 – What is Dark Matter
Science attempts to explain the gaping holes in Big Bang and Evolution theories by theorizing dark matter that they can’t prove either.
Genesis 1:1-8 (KJV)
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
BBC.com May 18, 2017 We still haven’t found the missing link
This is a synopsis of that article from EvolutionNews.org
Here is a long, substantive, and interesting article from the BBC — “We still have not found the missing link between us and apes.” It is interesting for two reasons.
- It admits that we haven’t found anything that resembles the last common ancestor (LCA) between humans and apes, what author Colin Barras calls the “missing link.”
- It admits that it’s hard to even agree on what the LCA might have looked like.
What it doesn’t do is admit the even bigger problem: that we don’t even have transitional forms between Australopithecus and Homo. This is a major omission.
What does God Say?
Genesis 1:26, multiple translations. God created Man in His image.
English Standard Version
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
Berean Study Bible
Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness, to rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, and over all the earth itself and every creature that crawls upon it.”
New Living Translation
Then God said, “Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.”