99. Revelation 21:2
I also saw the Holy City, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband. —Revelation 21:2
At the dawning of eternity, the Lord will undertake the most massive relocation project in history. He will move an entire city out of the highest heaven, and it will descend to this Earth like a bride walking down the aisle for her groom. That’s the picture the Lord uses to help us visualize this great, shimmering city, which will descend on beams of light and settle down on its perfectly designed foundation on the eternal Earth. As it does so, a herald will make the great announcement in verses 3-4: “Look! God’s dwelling is with men, and He will live with them…. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”
Revelation 21-22 takes us on a tour of this celestial city of Foreveropolis.
- The city from a distance (Rev. 21:9-11). Standing atop a mountain, John watched this massive diamond of a city descend to the new Earth.
- The city up close (vv. 12-14). As it grew nearer, he marveled at the massive walls, foundations, and gates.
- The size of the city (vv. 15-17). Fourteen hundred miles in all directions!
- The construction of the city (vv. 18-21). The building materials included gold, jewels, pearls, and crystal.
- The interior of the city (vv. 22-23). John was impressed by the light illumining the city and by the absence of a temple.
- The commerce of the city (vv. 24-27). Its gates are never shut as the produce and commodities of the new Earth flow in and out of it.
- The city center (vv. 22:1-2). At the heart of the city are the throne, the Crystal River, the Golden Boulevard, and Tree of Life Park.
- The city’s inhabitants (vv. 3-5). God’s children will be there worshipping, serving, reigning, and ruling forever with Him.
Looking for a City
- There is a river—its streams delight the city of God. (Ps. 46:4)
- I am going away to prepare a place for you. (John 14:2)
- [Abraham] was looking forward to the city that has foundations, whose architect and builder is God. (Heb. 11:10)
- God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them. (Heb. 11:16)
- You have come to… the city of the living God (the heavenly Jerusalem). (Heb. 12:22)
- For here we do not have an enduring city; instead, we seek the one to come. (Heb. 13:14)
- The city was pure gold like clear glass. (Rev. 21:18)
As John watches…, an entire city, magnificent in its glory, descends whole from heaven and becomes part of the new earth. Heaven and earth are now one. The heavenly realm has moved its capital city to the new earth. —John MacArthur
100 Bible Verses Everyone Should Know by Heart.
#Praise The Lord
Please follow my blogs Guam Christian Blog
Bruce’s Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bruce.dinsman
1 Year Bible on Bruce’s Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KPJBZ5L/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0
Bruce’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/pacislappraisal
Call me anytime 1 (671) 687-8965