Daily Service: So what else is new
Who do you rely on for information, news, entertainment?
Give me a list of the media you rely on and tell me why?
You do know that the world is against Godly people, right? Don’t expect actors, news agencies, or even governments to do the right thing.
My major concern in navigating the political landscape these days is that I can’t assume a standard Judeo Christian mindset. When I was a much younger person our world wasn’t inundated with crime, sex, corruption, hatred, vile speech, excessive violence or rude behavior in general. That is no longer true today.
So, is this a new thing, something that no one has encountered before? Doubt it.
Let’s see if we can find any examples of ungodly people against godly people in 2 Thessalonians 3:6-13.
6. Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep aloof from every brother who leads an unruly life and not according to the tradition which you received from us.
Paul is speaking about the ungodly people of the world, and cautioning us not to be a part of them and their lifestyle; we are to rise above them to constantly live in the heavenly will of God.
7. For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example, because we did not act in an undisciplined manner among you,
Paul is saying that he and his fellow ministers are living as children of God and following His heavenly will as an example to the people in this world, which we should all strive to do, so that others will follow our example, rather than the ungodly people of this world who follow the corrupt and evil ways of the devil and his minion.
8. nor did we eat
anyone’s bread without paying for it, but with labor and hardship we kept
working night and day so that we might not be a burden to any of you;
9. not because we do not have the right to this, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you, that you might follow our example.
Again, Paul is encouraging us to follow his example and the heavenly will of God, and we should be doing the same before others.
10. For even when we were with you, we used to give you this order: if anyone will not work, neither let him eat.
11. For we hear that some among you are leading an undisciplined life, doing no work at all, but acting like busybodies.
These are the ungodly people against Godly people that we need to recognize and take a stand against, while still encouraging them to return to the heavenly will of God, just as Paul writes.
12. Now such persons we command and exhort in the Lord Jesus Christ to work in quiet fashion and eat their own bread.
13. But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary of doing good.
Please follow my blogs Guam Christian Blog
Bruce’s Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bruce.dinsman
Bruce’s Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/Bruce-Dinsman/e/B07KDKLGPZ?ref=dbs_p_ebk_r00_abau_000000
Bruce’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/pacislappraisal